Wednesday, March 14, 2007

SMART Offer

Yesterday, I slept too late (2am) because we had been playing Yugi-oh: Power of Chaos, a software trading card game which we play via our dorm LAN. I really have to be at Ayala by 9am, since I was scheduled for a psych and medical exam at SMART.

I had set my cellphone alarm at 6am. Woke up only at 7am thanks to Wena's text. Took a quick bath, changed and rushed towards the MRT station. At about 8am, MRT QAve had been filled with people. We even have to line up through escalator, and at some time the train station had to deny entry until the volume of people already inside got lessened. Aside from the queue for going up, I also have to queue in for my MRT pass since I only usually buy single-fare tickets. Waiting for the train is another pain in the ass since trains were already full-packed by the time it reaches QAve. One has to squeeze in.

I arrived at the SMART office at 930am. Thankfully, nothing happened yet, and we still actually waited for the HR, Ms. Ruby. First, we were given the psych exam. I got scared a bit when Wena told me that her friend eventually did not get accepted because of his psych exam. How could you fail an exam which has no right or wrong answers?

After turning over our psych tests, we waited a while until I was given a Logic exam. After hearing Wena's story, I got a bit paranoid. I was the only one given a Logic exam, while Wena was called towards the HR cubicles. I even thought that one of us might have failed the psych test. It just turned out that while I had started the logic exam, Wena had been invited for a short talk with the HR. After her interview, she also came back carrying the logic exam, and I'm next in line for the HR interview.

After the short talk with Ms. Ruby, I had to go up the 31st floor where the CPG (Convergent Processes Group) work. Sir Mike (my 3rd interviewer - and CPG manager?) was on leave so I was relayed to Sir Chino, a Supervisor. Sir Chino actually didn't know what to do with me. He called 2 of his colleagues and gave me a technical interview instead. As usual, I told them that my background is in hardware programming, and hopefully Sir Mike knows where I should be placed if ever I join their group. Too bad sir Mike was not around, he's actually the person who wants to hire me.

Our job offer interview and medical exam was scheduled in the afternoon, so we had the chance to eat at the cafeteria located on the 4th floor. We were surprised because the food there were cheap! I ordered Sinigang na spare ribs which was only 30 pesos! Sulit talaga! I'm happy, since if ever I get to work there, I won't have problems spending money on food. Take note, they're in Ayala, Makati. Probably, the food is subsidized, or maybe it's just okay for the caterer to lower their prices since they have monopolized the whole building (SMART tower).

In the afternoon, Wena and I got our respective job offers. We were supposed to have our medical exam at the PLDT MGO office, however cutoff time was 230pm. So I still have to wake up a little bit early again tomorrow for my medical exam.

Tomorrow at 2pm, I'm going to have my final interview with the CEO of Bit Micro. Afterwards, I'm expecting for their offer. So it's really going to be BiT Micro vs. SMART to me.

Let's Get It On!

Labels:

posted by ScIoN 9:10 PM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

ScIoN is a former Systems Engineer in Japan who specialized in industrial imaging and digital hardware design. He is now back in the Philippines pursuing graduate studies in Finance at the University of the Philippines - Diliman.



Tag



Links


|Argel| |Charity| |Cholle| |Danes| |Dean| |Det| |Dyan| |Elma| |Fil| |Jeric| |Joe A.| |Kir| |Liz| |May| |May & Glenn| |Nino| |Norman| |PaU| |Rex| |Islander| |Yugs|

comments

Recent Posts


SMART IT Summit
Opportunity Awaits
It's Not Fun Waiting
Toshiba Chronicles IV
Toshiba Chronicles III
Toshiba Chronicles II
Toshiba Chronicles I
Tadaima!  「ただいま」
Hiatus @ Japan
Japan, Here I Come! [日本 へ 行きます]

Archive


July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009

Credits


[Powered by Blogger]