Saturday, March 10, 2007

Opportunity Awaits

The results for the Toshiba-Japan final interview had been released yesterday. We were all contacted via email; unfortunately, I am not going to be offered a job. I was kind of hopeful of being considered because my final interview went well. However, there may be other factors to consider why I am no longer chosen. I am still waiting for Jie Cui's reply if she got accepted. But basing on our respective interviews, I knew that mine was better. However, there were hints that the business unit we were applying at didn't necessarily need to open slots.

I've always wanted myself to prepare for the worst to come. Based on experience, I had better results when I didn't expect much on 'winning'. I really thought that Toshiba is the opportunity I have been waiting for. Everything seemed to fall into place. Even when I got back home, I just received my JLPT level 4 certification.

The Japan experience was really something I did not expect to happen in my life. Who would've thought that I would someday be able to make use of my knowledge in Nihonggo. One of my personal trademarks is for having a 1-hour advance configured watch. And Japan is notably 1 hour advanced from the Philippines. So when I got there, no need to reconfigure!

In one of our essays at the Toshiba interviews, there was this question, "What is a happy moment for you? Describe one happy moment." My specific example was the whole Toshiba-Japan excursion. No one can blame me: It was my first time to ride a plane. It's an international trip to Japan, a country I admire. Ideal job. Both me and my mom came home at the same time; even though we came from different places. How common is that?

I may not have made it for the job offer, but still I am happy for those who passed. Last year, 3 were offered a job; however, only 1 pushed through. Hopefully this year, all 3 would accept the job offer.

Congratulations to JmerConcepcion (MatE) and MichelleOngkingco (CS), both are from UP. Congratulations also to Wena from Ateneo, who really was the unanimous choice under the Industrial Systems of Toshiba. I'm happy I've met new friends through these interviews.

And I quote,
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” - Alexander Graham Bell
Moving on...

Labels:

posted by ScIoN 7:01 PM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

ScIoN is a former Systems Engineer in Japan who specialized in industrial imaging and digital hardware design. He is now back in the Philippines pursuing graduate studies in Finance at the University of the Philippines - Diliman.



Tag



Links


|Argel| |Charity| |Cholle| |Danes| |Dean| |Det| |Dyan| |Elma| |Fil| |Jeric| |Joe A.| |Kir| |Liz| |May| |May & Glenn| |Nino| |Norman| |PaU| |Rex| |Islander| |Yugs|

comments

Recent Posts


It's Not Fun Waiting
Toshiba Chronicles IV
Toshiba Chronicles III
Toshiba Chronicles II
Toshiba Chronicles I
Tadaima!  「ただいま」
Hiatus @ Japan
Japan, Here I Come! [日本 へ 行きます]
Beta Epsilon's Rockestra
Valentine's 2007

Archive


July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009

Credits


[Powered by Blogger]