Thursday, March 08, 2007

It's Not Fun Waiting

Hi.
I am also anticipating the results and it's not fun waiting. For now, I'm still praying for favorable results for the Phils.
And...guys I'm also excited to see all of you and share stories and hear your experiences and see ALL YOUR PICTURES.I hope that we can all get together next week when I get back from my out of town trip.
Take care everyone and God bless!
Best Regards,
Ms. Arleene
She is one of the Toshiba-Philippines HR people who had helped us all throughout the whole Toshiba interview process. She's correct, it's not fun waiting, especially when it's a probable career that is on stake. Just like I had stated in my earlier posts, I enjoyed my interview and never got any negative hints from my interviewers/panel.

I've been back to the Philippines since Feb 28, and the results will come out the latest on March 9. That is about more than a week of torture on our part. On some days I've felt positive, while some other days I was a bit down. I'm being haunted by this whole Toshiba thing.

By tomorrow, I shall be at peace whether I get to be offered a job or not. The suspense is killing me. I may be hopeful but I'm not expecting an immediate offer either. Based on experience, it's better for me to expect for the worst to happen. Lately, I have tried distracting myself by attending to the interviews I had been invited to. Elma, Yugs, and I even planned to have some biking/skating session today, however it didn't push through because Elma had some homeworks to finish. I had to play tennis instead just to keep my spirits high.

I had recently joined the Toshiba Global yahoogroups set up by one guy from Singapore. Just this morning, I read a message coming from a member announcing that he had already been contacted by the Power Systems Company. This afternoon, about 5 more posted about their results... so far none yet from the Semiconductors company.

When people ask me when shall I know the results, I always say "on or before March 9". So yeah, they have already started announcing today, the 8th. So far, I have not been contacted yet. I'm not yet giving it up. Not till the official letter/email had been sent to me, or not until I have been called by any Toshiba personnel about the results.

Funny, I've set my stealth settings on my Toshiba ym friends to invisible status. I don't want to hear some news yet. I can't help but read 2 of my colleague's status messages. One read: moving on, while the other has a lengthier version: i'll keep on waiting...waiting on the world to change...

This just means that they also don't have any results yet, and are also waiting. And it hurts. Wena, who seemed to be a shoo-in for Toshiba, only has a blank status message so I don't know. I'm hoping that the Philippines still have no idea on who passed or not. haha.

The suspense is killing me. Tomorrow's going to kill me more.

Labels:

posted by ScIoN 5:26 PM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

ScIoN is a former Systems Engineer in Japan who specialized in industrial imaging and digital hardware design. He is now back in the Philippines pursuing graduate studies in Finance at the University of the Philippines - Diliman.



Tag



Links


|Argel| |Charity| |Cholle| |Danes| |Dean| |Det| |Dyan| |Elma| |Fil| |Jeric| |Joe A.| |Kir| |Liz| |May| |May & Glenn| |Nino| |Norman| |PaU| |Rex| |Islander| |Yugs|

comments

Recent Posts


Toshiba Chronicles IV
Toshiba Chronicles III
Toshiba Chronicles II
Toshiba Chronicles I
Tadaima!  「ただいま」
Hiatus @ Japan
Japan, Here I Come! [日本 へ 行きます]
Beta Epsilon's Rockestra
Valentine's 2007
I Still Don't Have a Passport!

Archive


July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009

Credits


[Powered by Blogger]