Sunday, February 11, 2007

ScIoN Goes To Japan! [日本 へ 行きます」

Last Tuesday night, while filling in my bids for PX's Stock Wars, I suddenly noticed a new message in my inbox coming from Toshiba Asia Pacific. I got alarmed since I did not expect the results to come out this early. The first paragraph read:

Dear Everyone,
Congratulations! You were selected as one of those chosen few whom we will send to Japan for the final interview and examination on Feb. 23 - 27 (subject to change).Please have the following documents (all original) ready for submission by Friday, February 9, 2007:

--message truncated--


I made it! Woohoo! I was all alone in my dorm room as all my other dorm mates were in the Girls' Lobby for the dormitory Bingo game. I felt like shouting but I thought I'd just be stupid doing it all alone. I immediatelyIMed the good news to Elma, Charity and Alou who were all online on that moment. I felt like winning the jackpot prize in the Bingo. Heck, this is better than winning the dorm bingo. It's a free trip to Japan!

So now, I have to fix my papers prior to our scheduled flight. I had trouble with regard to DOST at the DFA office. I am still included in the blacklist even though I DID NOT AVAIL of the DOST Scholarship. I have to go back again at DFA, and show them an original document that would certify that I am not a DOST scholar. Hassle! I thought I had this already fixed when I applied for my NBI Clearance almost 6 months ago!

I am 1 of 13 students who passed the 2nd interview at Toshiba-Japan. 1 of 6 from UP Diliman. 1 of 3 from the Department of EEE. I should not put this opportunity to waste. I aim to nail that job offer.

Last year, about 7 UP students were able to reach the Japan interviews; however, nobody got accepted in the end. I don't know why. I've heard that there were only 2 who got a job offer. I think they were from Ateneo and DLSU. Eventually, one declined the offer in exchange for an internship at US. So far, there is only ONE Filipino working at Toshiba Japan. I hope I'm next.

For now, I just have to study hard and finish all my academic requirements before I fly off to Japan. This would be my first time riding a plane, hahaha, and yes my first time would be international already! I just hope somebody would lend me a digicam. ;)

I would like to thank the Lord for this wonderful opportunity. I am also happy that on Feb 28, my mother would already be here in the Philippines. I think this would be the happiest moment in my life. PRICELESS. I owe Him for this. :D

Labels: ,

posted by ScIoN 7:39 AM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

ScIoN is a former Systems Engineer in Japan who specialized in industrial imaging and digital hardware design. He is now back in the Philippines pursuing graduate studies in Finance at the University of the Philippines - Diliman.



Tag



Links


|Argel| |Charity| |Cholle| |Danes| |Dean| |Det| |Dyan| |Elma| |Fil| |Jeric| |Joe A.| |Kir| |Liz| |May| |May & Glenn| |Nino| |Norman| |PaU| |Rex| |Islander| |Yugs|

comments

Recent Posts


Rockestra: The Fake Sound Of Progress
Toshiba-Japan 2nd Interview
My First Real Tennis Racquet
February Stars
I Feel So Busy
Room Mate
Engineering Job Fair 2007
Jeff and Dyan's Birthday Bash (and Bevan's)
Jobba d' Hunt (Interview at Trend Micro)
Idling

Archive


July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009

Credits


[Powered by Blogger]