Wednesday, October 25, 2006

IEEE Philippines Exhibit

I was at PICC [Philippine Int'l Convention Center] the whole day for the IIEE Expo 2006, a convention for Electrical Engineers of the Philippines. Part of the day's program was the recent board passers' oath taking. My blockmate, Emiliano Pugoy, is this year's topnotcher, thus was prepared for a speech.

I was not able to hear Emil's speech since I was at the other building (PICC Forum) with all other exhibitors. I was with Prof.Hizon the whole morning msnning the booth. Prof.Hizon is my lab head, thesis adviser, and an IEEE officer. He was also the one who offered me the 'job' of being a student assistant for IEEE.

As I've said earlier in one of my blogs, I am a person who always bow down to authority. In that case, it would be normal for me to be quiet unless spoken to. However, since our booth was boring (our side faces the wall), we had nothing to do but to converse on different topics: from the serious to the 'chismis'.

At lunch time, we ate at Kalye Juan in the SM Mall of Asia. Of course I payed nothing,hehe. It was my first time; had a quick tour through the mall then went back to our booths. . This time, it was only me. Prof.Hizon said he had to administer an exam (palusot hehehe).

There were many booths present at the center. Some booths even had their own lady models just to attract delegates. Too bad IEEE Philippines could not afford any model to man the booth with me. There were booth boys who pair themselves with the models as they market their products. I wish.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was able to find a 'printer' for my IEEE posters. However, after the first pair of posters, I was asked by Prof.Hizon that I should make 2 more pairs. That afternoon, I called the printer's office and asked if he would be open the next day (holiday); he said yes. The following day, my return from Circuit FR, I was set to have the posters printed; however, he said he closed shop. I had said that I already need it "tomorrow" so he offered for me to come over by night time. It was already too late for jeepneys to roam around, so I texted him that hopefully I could get it by 6am. He agreed. The next day, I woke up 6am, yet I had caled him to verify if the shop is already open. He said his shop is open. As I've approached his front steps, the door sign says CLOSED. I tried to call, yet he was 'out of reach'. Gago tlaga yun. Pinaasa niya lang kliyente niya.

Btw, the name of his business is ARTEKULIT. I better find other outfits like his. I can not stand that kind of unprofessionalism.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another Btw, I went to PICC alone. Commuted. yehey! Still, I consider myself the one with no sense of direction.

Summary:
I'm tired and sleepy. Sem-ender 'uli' bukas!

posted by ScIoN 10:35 PM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

ScIoN is a former Systems Engineer in Japan who specialized in industrial imaging and digital hardware design. He is now back in the Philippines pursuing graduate studies in Finance at the University of the Philippines - Diliman.



Tag



Links


|Argel| |Charity| |Cholle| |Danes| |Dean| |Det| |Dyan| |Elma| |Fil| |Jeric| |Joe A.| |Kir| |Liz| |May| |May & Glenn| |Nino| |Norman| |PaU| |Rex| |Islander| |Yugs|

comments

Recent Posts


I got tagged?
Battle Royale 1.0
Final Thesis Presentation [Dual Core Capability of...
Blacked Out
Pasmathon
The End (of sem) is Near
Bababa Ba?
Wake me up BEFORE September ends
US Open 2006
Music Academy

Archive


July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009

Credits


[Powered by Blogger]