Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Test Shots

For this year's Inhinyero yearbook staff (i2007), I am a member of the GradPic committee. Our committee is assigned into searching for photo studios that can handle the UP Engineering '07 account.

After a series of inquiries and studio interviews, we were able to narrow down our list into just 5 studios. Just recently, we had been in these studios for the test shots. These shots would be the ones posted in the Engineering 3rd floor lobby, for the subscribers to see and to decide.

I could have been the male model for the shots, but I eventually declined. I can't promise to be at the testshot-sites all the time because of some conflicting schedules (i.e. lab tours, thesis meetings). It would also lead me to an awkward state once the test shots would be made available for (eng'g) public viewing.

Being a GradPic committee member entitles one to receive special treatment from the studios. For every studio we went to, we were given free food. The first studio was located in the Chinatown area, so we were treated with Chinese food. 2nd studio gave us free KFC meals for lunch, and also gave a pizza merienda before we went home. 3rd studio (I was absent) gave pizzas. 4th studio treated us to Max's restaurant. The last studio gave us the most complete set of meals: from brunch then merienda, and then dinner!

We also had the chance of having group shots, so sometimes make-ups were applied on us alongside with some costumes. The last studio even made me an extra model. The downside of it is that they made me pose topless (I'm no macho-dancer/boldstar!)with wet-look effect kuno. I'm going to dread the time when my picture would be circulated to other people, some of my staff mates were using their cam phones on me. I'm writing this on my blog so that you won't be surprised in case you would have seen these pictures of mine. Those were not really my idea, I swear. At least you now know the story behind it.

Aside from the studio experience, one thing that I had enjoyed was the conversations with the studio owners. Talks about earlier years, business, people,etc. I plan to be a businessman someday; one can really learn much from these kind of people.

Now that the test shots are done, all of my time should be dedicated much on thesis... and my search for the perfect laptop. Dang! It's really tough investing your money into something, makes you think over and over again. Better be sure than be sorry.

posted by ScIoN 11:25 PM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

ScIoN is a former Systems Engineer in Japan who specialized in industrial imaging and digital hardware design. He is now back in the Philippines pursuing graduate studies in Finance at the University of the Philippines - Diliman.



Tag



Links


|Argel| |Charity| |Cholle| |Danes| |Dean| |Det| |Dyan| |Elma| |Fil| |Jeric| |Joe A.| |Kir| |Liz| |May| |May & Glenn| |Nino| |Norman| |PaU| |Rex| |Islander| |Yugs|

comments

Recent Posts


Wanted: Perfect Laptop
Post Batangas Escapade
How Safe is eBay.ph?
I am a DOST scholar??!!! and Family First boo-boo...
Work Experience
Working for Mothers' Day
ePLDT or Symphony?
What's in Store for Me This Summer
My Very First Job Interview
Help Wanted: Part-Time Job

Archive


July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009

Credits


[Powered by Blogger]